Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chapter 23: A cat in need

AN: Sorry to Greatshot, but lack of commenting has caused Flamingpelt to die, But you may produce a new cat later on.

Snoweagle and Lightning had already gone through the feield and were approaching a strange mass of  stone hills.
"URGH!" Said Lightning, who then scowled. "What is that horrible smell?" He asked.
"I think that's...Twolegplace." Snoweagle told him.
"What's a Twoleg?" Asked Lightning.
"Uh." Said Snoweagle. "I've never seen one before." He said. "But  I had heard stories about them."
"What kinds of stories?" Lightning asked.
"I heard they Had no fur and walked on two legs! TWO!" Snoweagle said.
"Two legs?" How is that possible?" Lightning asked.
"I don't know." Snoweagle said. "I also know they take bloodthirsty animals called dogs with them a lot. I had this cat in my clan who got attacked by a dog around the time the eagle got me."
"What happenend to that cat?" Asked Lightning.
"I... don't really know." Snoweagle said gloomily. "I think she's dead."
"Oh," Said Lightning.
All was quiet execpt for the barking of dogs and the quiet meowing of starving cats. As they traveled through the maze of stone, Snoweagle noticed a cat, huddled in a corner.
"Lightning!" Said Snoweagle.
"Yes?" Asked Lightning.
"I think that cat needs help!" Snoweagle shouted. He ran over to the helpless cat. "Are you okay?" He asked.
"N-neeed... f-f-food..." Said the starving cat. It was lying there, half awake. It's pelt was so dirty, you could not tell what it's fur color was. It looked like a trash bag.
"Don't worry! I'll find you food!" Wherever that is. Snoweagle shouted. He scratched around the area, looking for at least a crumb. Finally, he found a good-smelling triangle peice of bread. It had a bite in it, but it still looked yummy. He fed it to the cat. Slowly, slowly, the cat ate the food. Then it stood up and started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Asked Snoweagle.
"I have to go! Now!" Said the cat. It took a step forward and cringed.
"Your'e not okay! you must stay here!" Snoweagle protested.
"No....I have to go..." Said the cat. It then collapsed.

5 comments: